Diversity & Inclusion Resources
These resources are not directly affiliated with the Woods Hole Diversity Advisory Committee or the Woods Hole Diversity Initiative. Links will open in a new tab.
Local & National Organizations & Programs
For Students/Early Career Professionals
Articles & Papers
- What's in a seminar: Graduate students at the University of Massachusetts Amherst redesigned their departmental seminar series to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion, and other institutions could do the same.
- The 1619 Project - The New York Times
- The Great Land Robbery - The shameful story of how 1 million black families have been ripped from their farms
- National Academies Report - MINORITY SERVING INSTITUTIONS America's Underutilized Resource for Strengthening the STEM Workforce
- Racial and gener biases plague postdoc hiring
- How Gay Are You? A new film explores the many shades of human sexuality.
- The Problem With Pronouns
- Faculty, Family, Diversity - Harvard Magazine
- It Gets Better: Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry
- Making the Invisible Visible: A law professor offers a practice to uncover our own biases and face the realities of racism.
- John Biewen's 'Seeing White' Podcast
- The Case for Reparations, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “What to the Slave Is 4th of July?”: James Earl Jones Reads Frederick Douglass’s Historic Speech
- This American Life - The Miseducation of Castlemont High
- Erika Lee on the need for Asian American activism
- The Danger of a Single Story, TED Talk by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- ‘My People Were Depending On Me’: Apollo 11 Scientist Dr. Reatha Clark King Looks Back At Historic Launch
- Reconstruction: America After the Civil War
- What it Takes to Be Racially Literate, TED Talk by Priya Vulchi and Winona Guo
- 5 Books on Diversity and Inclusion That Are Actually Worth Reading
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People to Talk About Racism by Robin Diangelo
- We Gon Be Alright - Notes on Race and Resegregation by Jeff Chang
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- The Making of Asian America by Erika Lee
- This Bridge Called My Back by Cherrie Moraga, Gloria Anzaldua
- Toxic Ivory Towers: The Consequences of Work Stress on Underrepresented Minority Faculty by Ruth Enid Zambrana