About the Diversity Advisory Committee
Who we are
The DAC is comprised of members from each of the 6 scientific institutions in Woods Hole:
- Marine Biological Laboratory
- Sea Education Association
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Northeast Fisheries Science Center
- United States Geological Survey
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Woodwell Climate Research Center (formerly Woods Hole Research Center)
Connect with us
What we do
In 2004, the leaders of six Woods Hole science institutions signed a memorandum committing their institutions to work together to attract and retain a more diverse workforce. That memorandum established the Woods Hole Scientific Community Diversity Initiative.
The Diversity Initiative in turn established an advisory committee to make recommendations as to how the institutions can make the village a more diverse, more inclusive community – that’s us, the DAC.
In early 2005 the DAC began making recommendations about ways the science institutions can do a better job of welcoming students, scholars, visitors, researchers and all other employees.